The undergraduate certificate in Fundamentals of Data Analytics is a Purdue University degree offered in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
The certificate equips students with the skill set necessary to perform meaningful data analysis in any domain. It’s a great option for students and working professionals in a wide range of areas, including STEM fields, Liberal Arts, Philanthropy, Business, and more.
You’ll complete the program with theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on training in various major data applications, such as: R, MatLab, SPSS, Excel, Access, MySQL, Oracle and more. Students will learn to marshal computational data to solve a variety of real world problems.
Understanding the requirements
Students are required to complete 15 credit hours (five courses) to earn the certificate. At least 12 credit hours in the certificate program must be taken in the Department of Computer and Information Science at IUPUI.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- CSCI-N207 Data Analysis Using Spreadsheets
- CSCI-N211 Introduction to Databases
- CSCI-N 311 Advanced Database Programming
- CSCI-N 317 Computation for Scientific Applications
- STAT 30100 Elementary Statistical Methods (pre-requisite of MATH 11000 or MATH 11100 or equivalent)