IUPUI adopted Handshake as our career services platform for students and alumni. It’s used by over 200,000 employers, including all Fortune 500 companies! Thousands of internship and job opportunities are posted on Handshake by employers specifically looking to hire students.
All IUPUI students have a Handshake account that is automatically created for them 24 hours after they enroll in classes. All you have to do is log in to Handshake to activate your account. Handshake will then recommend certain positions to you based on your profile, allowing for easy searching. Completing and updating your profile will provide Handshake with a better idea of which job and internship listings you may be interested in.
Do not create a Handshake account. If you are not yet enrolled in classes, or have questions about your Handshake access, please call our office at 317-274-5677.
Here are some of the things you can do with Handshake:
- Apply for on-campus & work-study jobs
- Apply for full-time, part-time jobs & internships
- Register for career fairs, PREPs workshops, & employer info sessions
- Research thousands of employers
- Network with recruiters and other students for career insights
- Schedule advising appointments with PREPs staff
Are you an IUPUI alumni needing a Handshake account? Complete this form to request your account.