There are two paths to direct admission for incoming high school students:
- You have a high school GPA of 3.3 and can provide evidence of readiness for the first math course in your respective major
- You have a high school GPA of 3.0 with minimum SAT scores of 1080 (530 math) OR minimum ACT scores of 21 composite and 21 math.*
*Physics applicants need minimum SAT scores (for tests completed prior to March 2016) of 550 math and 480 verbal/critical reading math OR minimum ACT scores of 24 math and 20 verbal. Completion of the writing section is required. For comparable SAT scores for an SAT exam completed after March 2016, admission is based on minimum SAT scores of 570 math and a combined reading/math score of 1110.
Math requirements by degree
- Psychology B.A. and B.S.—Evidence of readiness for M118 (Finite) or Math 15300 (College Algebra) by completing Algebra 2 in the final year of high school.
- Biology B.A., Applied Computer Science B.A., Geology B.A.—Evidence of readiness for Math 15300 (College Algebra) by completing Algebra 2 in the final year of high school.
- Environmental Science B.S.—Evidence of readiness for Math 22100 (Calculus for Technology 1) by completing Pre-Calculus or Trigonometry in the final year of high school.
- Biology B.S.—Evidence of readiness for Math 23100 (Calculus for Life Sciences 1) by completing Pre-Calculus or Trigonometry in the final year of high school.
- All other degrees—Evidence of readiness for Math 16500 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus 1) by completing Pre-Calculus or Trigonometry in the final year of high school.
Note: The suggested class is a minimum; any course higher than what is indicated would be acceptable.
Completion of an introductory science course or mathematics course will qualify a transfer student or current IUPUI student for admission into any of our science majors.
Acceptable courses include those that have been evaluated to be equivalent to the corresponding IUPUI course or have been completed at IUPUI:
- MATH 16500 (or equivalent calculus course or above)
- PHYS 15200
- PHYS 25100
Applicants must have a C or better in one course or a C- or better in two courses.
- All neuroscience, environmental science, and geology transfers will be directly admitted to the School of Science.
- For pre-neuroscience majors in university college, NSCI-B201 would also be acceptable for admission.
- For psychology majors, in addition to the list of courses above, PSY-B110 is also acceptable for admission.
- For computer science and artificial intelligence majors, in addition to the list of courses above, we will also allow an introductory course in programming (CSCI 23000 or CSCI 24000) for admission.