On the Application Information tab, select Academic Program: Biology (Purdue University) and select your academic plan:
- Choose from Pre-Professional non-thesis, MS non-thesis, MS thesis, and Ph.D.
Under the Department Information tab, you will provide a personal statement (approximately 750 words) that identifies your academic goals, career objectives, why you are applying, and your qualifications. On the application, ignore the statement that directs you to the department page for more specific information. Your personal statement is sufficient.
You must pay a fee in order to submit your application.
Please note: An email will be sent to you when our department receives your completed application. If you do not receive an application submission email within 3-4 weeks, please call the Department of Biology at 317-274-0577, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that we have it and that the correct department was selected.
The completed application consisting of your online application, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and GRE scores is required before the graduate committee will review your file. Be sure to include your name on all submitted documents (mailed or uploaded).
- Transcripts: Two original copies of the official transcripts are required, including IU campuses. Please have official copies sent to the address below.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required, preferably submitted using the online section of the application. Standard letters may be mailed to the department. They can also include an optional recommendation form, but it is NOT required. We also accept “committee packets” that universities put together for their students. At least two letters should come from professors in previous science classes and should address the applicant’s aptitude and potential in a biology program at the graduate level.
- Exams (GRE & TOEFL): Scores should be sent directly to us from Educational Testing Service. GRE and TOEFL codes are IUPUI = 1325, Biology Department = 0203.
- Fellowships and Assistantships: If you are interested in applying, please complete the “Release of Confidential Information to the University Fellowship Subcommittee” form.
Department mailing address for all application submissions:IUPUI Biology Department
Attn: Graduate Secretary
723 W. Michigan St., SL 306
Indianapolis, IN 46202