Course Completion Certificate
Qualified PLTW Biomedical students will receive a letter via email certifying that they have completed the coursework. Students who matriculate to IUPUI may request special credit for these courses during their first semester at the university. There is no fee for the special credit if students request it during their first semester at IUPUI. Students who attend other universities may present the certification letter to the biology department chair or other school administrator to determine if and how credit may be awarded at that institution. IUPUI does not provide transcripts for PLTW coursework.
- Currently, there is no fee for the college credit associated with these courses for students who choose to enroll at IUPUI, as long as they contact the SPAN Division during their first semester of enrollment to request to have the credits posted to their transcripts. Students are charged if they request the credits after their third semester of enrollment.
- Student must have taken the PLTW Biomedical Science course (s) at a certified PLTW school and passed the End of Course (EOC) National Assessment Part A with a stanine score of 6 or higher.
- Complete and submit application form:
- Student must download and complete required portions of IUPUI application then submit to PLTW instructor.
- PLTW instructor/High School must complete and submit the form. Instructions may be found here.
- Form may be submitted after completion of each course, or preferably during the senior year for all past courses on the same form.
- Letters certifying course completion will be emailed to students in the summer following their high school graduation. While information may be submitted to IUPUI each year, only one email certifying all completed courses will be emailed upon graduation.
- Students who do not attend IUPUI may print the certification letter they will receive via email and present it to the biology department chair at your institution. It will be up to that institution to decide whether or not to issue college credit.
- Qualified PLTW Biomedical students who matriculate to IUPUI will need to contact the IUPUI SPAN Division Office during their FIRST semester at IUPUI to request the college credit be recorded on their transcript. Special credit will be posted on the student's IU transcript at no further cost to the student, as long as they contact the SPAN Division during their first semester of enrollment to request to have the credits posted to their transcripts. Stanines of 6 or 7 are approximately equivalent to a B grade, and will be awarded an S at IUPUI for satisfactory completion; Stanines of 8 or 9 will be awarded an A at IUPUI.