Catherine A. Macris Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Department of Earth Sciences
I am a geoscientist at IUPUI currently working on several projects ranging from crustal melting caused by giant impacts on Earth to mineral/melt interactions beneath Earth's crust. I like to approach these interesting processes by looking at natural samples from the field, identifying the most intriguing questions they raise, then designing and implementing laboratory experiments to try to answer those questions. See my research website for details!
- Ph.D. in Geochemistry - University of California, Los Angeles
- M.S. in Geochemistry - University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S. in Geology - Lousiana State University
Courses Taught / Teaching
- GEOL-G 110 - Physical Geology
- GEOL-G 221 - Introduction to Mineralogy