Project 1: Monitoring the three-dimensional motion of chromatin at single molecule resolution. NIH/NIGMS, 2022 - 2027.
Project 2: Chromatin mobility in response to DNA damage. NIH/NCI, 2018 - 2023.
Project 1: Single Molecule Spatial Omics for Type 1 Diabetes Research, IUSM, CDMD, 2022 - 2023.
Project 2: β cell miRNAs Function as Molecular Hubs of Type 1 Diabetes Pathogenesis. NIH/NIDDK, 2021 - 2026.
Publications & Professional Activity
Selected Publication. Full publication list can be found in the Google Scholar Page.
- Locatellid, J. Lawrimored, H. Linb,d, S. Sanaullah, C. Seitzb, D. Segall, P. Kefer, S. Moreno, B. Lietz, R. Anderson, J. Holmes, C. Yuan, G. Holzwarth, K. Bloom, J. Liu, K. Bonin, and P. A. Vidi, “DNA damage reduces heterogeneity and coherence of chromatin motions”, Proceedings of National Academy of Science (PNAS), 119, e2205166199 (2022).
- Kefer, F. Iqbalb,d, M. Locatelli, J. Lawrimore, M. D. Zhangb, K. Bloom, K. Bonin, P.A. Vidi, and J. Liua, "Performance of deep learning restoration methods for the extraction of particle dynamics in noisy microscopy images" Molecular Biology of the Cell, 32, 903-914 (2021).
- J. Liua, Y. W. Hu, P. Kumar, X. T. Liu, J. MK. Irudayaraj, and G. J. Cheng, "Enhanced energy transfer from NV Centers to 3D Graphene Heterostructures by Laser Nanoshaping", Advanced Optical Materials, 2001830 (2021).
- F. Lib, A. Chen, S. Liu, A. Reeserc, Y. Wang, Y. Fan, X. Zhao, R. Prakashc, B. Li, H. Yokota, and J. Liu*, “Vinculin Force Sensor Detects Tumor-Osteocyte Interactions”, Scientific Reports, 9, 5615 (2019).
- Y. Cui, X. Wang, W. Ren, J. Liu, and J. Irudayaraj, “Optical Clearing Delivers Ultrasensitive Hyperspectral Dark-Field Imaging for Single-Cell Evaluation”, ACS Nano, 10, 3132-3143 (2016).
- J. Liu, P. Vidi, S. A. Lelièvre, and J. M. K. Irudayaraj, “Nanoscale Histone Localization in Live Cells Reveals Reduced Chromatin Mobility in Response to DNA Damage”, Journal of Cell Science, 128, 599-604 (2015).
Member, Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Indiana University School of Medicine.
Associated member, Indiana University Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center.