INDIANAPOLIS – Five IUPUI School of Science graduate students were named to the 2021 Elite 50, and four other Elite 50 students are science alumni.
The Elite 50 program recognizes outstanding achievement of graduate students. It is modeled after IUPUI’s traditional Top 100 Outstanding Students, which honors the top undergraduate students on the campus.
“Graduate students comprise a critical component of the School of Science community. They conduct the majority of cutting-edge research in our school, and also make important contributions to our teaching mission,” says Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education David Skalnik, Ph.D. “Each year, IUPUI selects 50 graduate students as the “Elite 50” to honor “excellence beyond the classroom in areas such as campus leadership, scholarly work, and community engagement”. We’re delighted that five graduate students in the School of Science have been selected for this honor in 2021, and congratulate them for this high achievement.”
Honorees are scored in two categories: accolades (achievements by the student that are primarily non-academic, including fellowships, internships and awards) and campus/community benefit (involvement in activities/organizations that have benefits others). The current School of Science honorees are:
- Richelle Clifton, Clinical Psychology
- Alexis Grant, Clinical Psychology
- Ian Marrs, Geology
- Sarah Rogers, Clinical Psychology
- Mark Woollam, Chemistry
The four science alumni who were also honored are:
- Shivani Bajpai, currently a student in the IU School of Medicine
- Youstina Beshay, currently a student in the IU School of Dentistry
- Sara Ibrahim, currently a student in the IU School of Medicine
- Fabio Yataco, currently a student in the IU Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs