INDIANAPOLIS—Eight School of Science graduate students were honored as IUPUI’s Elite 50. The Elite 50 honors 50 graduate and professional students who demonstrate excellence beyond the classroom in areas such as campus leadership, scholarly work, and community engagement. The program is modeled after IUPUI’s Top 100, which honors the top undergraduate students on the campus.
The 50 students will be recognized during a reception on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, in the Campus Center. The top 10 students will be honored as the Premier 10 at that event, and an overall winner will receive the Charles R. Bantz Award for Excellence.
“I enthusiastically congratulate the School of Science students recognized among the 2022 IUPUI Elite 50. This honor recognizes extraordinary graduate students who excel in the areas of leadership, scholarly work, and community engagement,” said John DiTusa, dean of the IUPUI School of Science. “The faculty and staff of the School feel a great sense of pride in our students and have a great appreciation for their accomplishments. Well done!”
The eight School of Science honorees are:
- Raenah Bailey, Geology M.S.
- Casandra Carrillo, Biology Ph.D.
- Kang-Chieh Huang, Biology Ph.D.
- Shirin Khazvand, Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
- Ellen Krueger, Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
- Isheka Orr, Applied Earth Sciences Ph.D.
- Aubrey Shell, Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
- Carolina Vega, Chemistry & Chemical Biology Ph.D.