While specific requirements vary by major, both new and transfer students may need to complete a number of placement exams prior to orientation.
- All School of Science students must take the English guided self-placement.
- School of Science students are required to take the ALEKS Math Placement exam
- Students pursuing any Bachelor of Arts or Mathematics degree must take the world language placement exam.
- International students must show English proficiency before admission. Information about English language requirements is available on the IUPUI International Affairs site.
Schedule Placement Exams
Visit http://tc.iupui.edu/testing/students/ to begin taking your placement tests.
Placement tests should typically be completed at least 48 hours prior to orientation.
- Schedule your placement tests when you register for orientation. The placement tests in mathematics, ESL tests and the online world languages tests are administered during regular testing hours from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Placement testing is not conducted on Sunday or on campus holidays.
- Take the online English self-placement test here: http://english.uc.iupui.edu/.
Further details about placement testing can be found at the IUPUI Testing Center.