Women in Science House (WISH)
WISH is an on-campus residential living and learning community for female science students of various class years and majors. Residents of WISH live in an environment that fosters academic development through the exploration of the field of science and provides a nurturing atmosphere for personal growth. WISH will:
- Provide academic activities that enhance educational success
- Provide research learning experiences
- Facilitate mentoring and networking
- Encourage involvement in service learning and community-based activities
- Provide financial assistance through $1000 scholarships
Learn more about some of the Women in Science House Residents.
The WIS House includes 15 rooms for up to 30 women in the Campus Apartments on the Riverwalk. Each room includes two private bedrooms and two private bathrooms. View the Two Bedroom Panoramic Tour and Floor Plan
Rent + Fees
WIS House residents will receive a minimum of a $1,000 scholarship package. Most students will be eligible for additional financial assistance through work-study stipends and internships.
Housing + Scholarship Applications
- Complete and submit the IUPUI Housing application.* Be sure to select "Women In Science House" on application, listed within the "Residential Based Learning Communities" section.
- Complete the scholarship application** and submit to the School of Science Dean's Office by April 15.*** Submit the scholarship application to
- Brittiney N. Reese
IUPUI-School of Science
402 North Blackford Street, LD 222
Indianapolis, IN 46202
*A non-refundable $50 fee is due at the time of application and all apartment contracts
require a $400 pre-payment at the time the contract is signed.
** Decisions on who will live in the house and be awarded a scholarship will be based on information provided in the scholarship application, such as answers to essay questions and extracurricular activities (clubs, organizations, etc.). High School and/or college academic performance (GPA, ACT/SAT, class rank, etc.) will also be reviewed.
***Rolling decisions will begin March 1st and all residential decisions will be made no later than May 30th. Those students selected to live in WISH will be mailed housing contracts.
Questions about housing contracts? Contact the IUPUI Housing Office at (317) 274-7200 or email@example.com.
Questions about the Women in Science House or Scholarship? Contact Brittiney N. Reese at 317-278-3549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.