Diversity Scholars Research Program
The Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP) is primarily aimed at attracting academically talented first-year students, contributing to the diversity of IUPUI. DSRP scholars are actively engaged in undergraduate research opportunities, supervised by faculty mentors. Students in the program are part of a group of undergraduate scholars who benefit from the research activities, individual support and scholarship funding leading to graduation with a four-year degree. Priority is given to incoming high school students who meet minimum eligibility requirement. A continuing IUPUI student may apply and awards are based on availability. This award is made to students in a variety of majors at IUPUI and is highly competitive.
Eligibility requirements for incoming high school students
- Student must be in the top 25% of their graduating class and have at least a 1070 SAT (math and critical reasoning sections only) or 23 ACT score.
- Student must have at least a B grade in all math and science courses.
- Student must supply at least two (2) letters of recommendation, one that must be from a math or science teacher.
- Student must be an Indiana resident and/or be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. A scholar may continue in the program for up to 4 years if he/she maintains a cumulative 3.00 GPA.
- Students from racial and ethnic populations who have been historically underrepresented in institutions of higher education and whose presence will enhance the learning environment through increased diversity at IUPUI are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility requirements for continuing IUPUI students
- Minimum of 25 credit hours completed at IUPUI by end of spring semester during which the application is being made
- Have a minimum 3.30 grade point average.
- Must have at least two remaining years of study at IUPUI (cannot be a senior).
- Student must be an Indiana resident and/or be a US citizen or permanent resident. A scholar may continue in the program for up to 2 years if he/she maintains a cumulative 3.00 GPA.
- Contribute to the diversity at IUPUI (essay required)