Asok K Sen Ph.D.
Professor, Mathematical Sciences
Ph.D. Cornell University
M.S, University of Minnesota
B.S. Indian Institute of Technology
Prof. Sen's research is in the area of physical applied mathematics. He uses advanced signal processing techniques to analyze various types of oscillatory activity in engineering and environmental systems. These techniques are being applied to the analysis of (a) solar activity and upper atmospheric processes, (b) climate reords from time series data of tree rings, glacier flow, riverflow, ocean sediments and stalagmites, and (c) cyclic variability in pressure and heat release fluctuations in internal combustion engines.
- Sen, A. K. (2007): Multifractality as a Measure of Complexity in Solar Flare Activity, Solar Physics, 241, 67-76.
- Sen, A. K., Longwic, R., Litak, G., Gorski, K. (2008): Analysis of Cycle-to-Cycle Pressure Oscillations in a Diesel Engine, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 22, 362-373.
- Sen, A. K., Litak, G., Kaminski, T., Wendeker, M. (2008): Multifractal and Statistical Analysis of Heat Release Fluctuations in a Spark Ignition Engine, Chaos, 18, 033115 (1-6).
- Sen, A. K. (2009): Complexity Analysis of Riverflow Time Series, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 23, 361-366.
- Sen, A. K., Filippelli, G. M., Flores, J. A. (2009): An Application of Wavelet Analysis to Paleoproductivity Records from the Southern Ocean, Computers and Geosciences, 35, 1445-1450.
- Sen, A. K. (2009): Spectral-Temporal Characterization of Riverflow Variability in England and Wales for the period 1865-2002, Hydrological Processes, 23, 1147-1157.
- Muñoz, A., Sen, A. K., Sancho, C., Genty, D. (2009): Wavelet Analysis of Late Holocene Stalagmite Records from Ortigosa Caves in Northern Spain, Journal of Cave and Karst Studies, 71, 63-72.
- Sen, A. K. (2010): Even-Odd Cycle Parity in Complexity of Hemispheric Sunspot Activity, Advances in Space Research, 44, 1321-1325.
- Sen, A. K., Zheng, J., Huang, Z. (2011):Dynamics of Cycle-to-Cycle Variations in a Natural Gas Direct-Injection Spark-Ignition Engine, Applied Energy, 88, 2324-2334.
- Sen, A. K. (2012): Streamflow Variability in the Southern Appalachians and Atmospheric Teleconnections, River Research and Applications.