IUPUI Honors Several School of Science Faculty
IUPUI recently honored several faculty members at the School of Science with distinguished campus awards to recognize their continued excellence in research, teaching and service.
“This honor for our faculty serves as another indicator to the entire campus and the Indianapolis community of the caliber of teachers and researchers at the School of Science. We’re proud the university saw it appropriate to honor these talented mentors,” said Dean Simon Rhodes.
- Andrew Barth, a professor of earth sciences, received the 2012 Chancellor’s Professor Award, the most distinguished appointment an individual faculty member can attain at IUPUI. It recognizes senior faculty members who display a record of extensive accomplishment and leadership in teaching, research and campus service. Barth was recognized at the IUPUI Chancellor’s Academic Honors Convocation on April 19.
- Dr. Anna Malkova, an associate professor of biology, received the 2012 Research Frontiers Trailblazer Award. This annual award is presented by Kody Varahramyan, IUPUI vice chancellor for research, to the IUPUI researcher who shows great promise in becoming nationally and internationally known for their accomplishments in advancing the frontiers of knowledge. Dr. Malkova was honored at the 2012 IUPUI Research Day on April 13.
- Leslie Ashburn-Nardo, an assistant professor of psychology, was named the 2012 Chancellor’s Diversity Scholar Award recipient. Issued in conjunction with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, this award recognizes an outstanding faculty member who exemplifies the value of diversity in his/her scholarship and service and maintains a record of high accomplishment and leadership. Ashburn-Nardo was presented the award at the April 19 Honors Convocation.
- The university also honored two faculty members for their contributions to the national and international reputation of IUPUI. Stephen Boehm, an associate professor of psychology, and Yogesh Joglekar, an assistant professor physics, both will receive the 2012 Prestigious External Award Recognition. Both were honored at the April 19 Honors Convocation.
This award is presented to faculty members who have been recognized by a national or international professional organization for their academic achievements. They signify not only the “best of the best” at IUPUI but the “best of the best” to a broader, national audience as well, according to the award guidelines.
Boehm was recognized for having received the 2011 Young Scientist Award from the International Behavioral and Neural Genetics Society. Joglekar was recognized for having received the 2011 National Science Foundation CAREER Award, the top NSF award given to teaching researchers who are early in their career.
Media ContactsCandace Gwaltney
Associate Director of Communications
More like this
- Science Represented Well at Chancellor's Honors Celebration
- Earth Sciences Professor Among Latest Chancellor's Professors
- Faculty, Staff and Students Recognized at Academic Honors Convocation
- Associate professor of biology wins campus mentoring award
- Associate Dean Jeff Watt, Biology Senior Lecturer Robert Yost Honored with Irwin Award