7 Science Students Among Top 10 Male/Females at IUPUI
Record 39 Science Students in IUPUI Top 100
Seven students in the School of Science at IUPUI were named among the Top 10 male and female students across campus. The school had the largest number of students in the Top 100 from any single school on campus, with a record 39 students earning the honor this year.
Andrew Headrick, Gabriel Martinez, Tomas Meijome and Jeremy Sherer were honored in the Top 10 Male Students. Nehal Parikh, Emily Potts and Kristyn Seibert were named to the Top 10 Female Students.
The day after the Top 10 lists were announced, Science Dean Simon Rhodes spoke to a crowd at the school's Honors Convocation of his pride seeing the school recognized this way each year.
"It's always a great honor when our students are recognized among their peers. This represents how involved our students are, not only the classroom, but also their campus and their community," Rhodes said.
The Alumni Council and SOAR sponsor the annual awards. More than 1,000 nominations are received each year. A panel of alumni, faculty and staff select the top students based on nominations by faculty and staff. The students who were selected were strong in three major scoring areas: scholastic achievement, collegiate and co-curricular activities and civic/community service.
The following School of Science students were named to the 2013 IUPUI Top 100:
- Andrew Alexander, junior, psychology
- Sameerah Alkhairy, senior, biology
- Damilola Awonusi, senior, biology *
- Theresa Benz, senior, forensic science
- Kelly Biro, junior, biology *
- Anna Brenneman, senior, biology *
- Robert Brunner, senior, computer science
- Ninah Clegg, senior, biology
- Sarah Flores, senior, biology *
- Kiran Gill, senior, chemistry
- Rachel Giordano, senior, biology *
- Whitney Gray, senior, biology
- Hayley Grzych, senior, chemistry
- Andrew Headrick, senior, biology
- Eric Herod, senior, psychology
- Benjamin Judge, senior, biology
- Brandon Kellinghaus, junior, biology
- Lindsey Lazo, senior, biology**
- Ahmed Malik, senior, chemistry
- Gabriel Martinez, junior, biology
- Jonathon McCann, senior, biology
- Callie Meece, senior, chemistry
- Tomas Meijome, senior, biology**
- Anh Nguyen, senior, biology
- Nehal Parikh, senior, biology
- Emily Potts, senior, biology
- Morgan Rhodes, senior, psychology
- Jennifer Romine, senior, biology
- Kristyn Seibert, senior, biology**
- Neelam Shah, senior, biology *
- Marina Sharif, senior, chemistry *
- Jeremy Sherer, senior, chemistry**
- Kaylee Shirrell, senior, psychology
- John Smith, senior, mathematics
- Cleandrea Spencer, senior, biology
- Evan Torline, senior, biology
- Katie Uppfalt, senior, physics
- Lauren Wyatt, senior, biology
- Yuese Zheng, senior
* indicates a resident of Women in Science house.
** indicates a member of the Science Ambassador Leadership Team.
More like this
- Record Number of Science Students Named to Top 100 for 2013
- Nine Science Students Among Top 20 Students at IUPUI
- School of Science Students Shine at IUPUI: Most Outstanding Female, Seven in Top 20, 31 in Top 100
- Undergraduate Women in Science
- Park Tudor Senior Takes First-Place/Scholarship at IUPUI High School Math Competition