Please contact Betsy Cooney if you would like to request help planning or managing your event.
- Planning and management support priority is given to events that have an undergraduate recruitment focus (events open to any student). We require access to students who register for these events.
- Limited planning support will be provided to events that would be considered K-8 outreach. Often these events will only be provided science giveaways and materials.
Invitations & Communications to Invitees & Attendees
The School of Science uses Marketo for our broadcast email communications. We use this system to track the open and click rates of general communications and invitations. This system also has a survey feature which can be used in conjunction with the email function.
For more formal events where paper invitations are used, we can provide you with information for several vendors who can help design and print invitations. Several months notice is needed for design and preparation to ensure on-time delivery to invitees.
General Rules of Thumb for Event Invitations & Save the Dates
- Mail paper communications approximately six weeks in advance of the RSVP deadline.
- Email invites should be sent no less than three weeks prior to the event RSVP deadline.
- Save the dates are usually sent three months in advance.
Attendee Registration System
The School of Science captures all registrant information through our RSVP system. This data collection – especially for new events – allows you to gauge perception pre and post event. This system also allows you to measure and gather comments about volunteer communication, venue and catering.
The cost per event begins at around $50 and may be covered by the School of Science depending on the type of event.
Please allow three weeks for set-up. Once registration is setup, the event contact will receive an event id and password to manage their event in the system.