Research centers & facilities
CIS Computing Labs
- The computer science department maintains two general use labs. These machines are for use only by Computer Science students, staff, and faculty, sponsored guests, and non-CIS students that have been given accounts for a class or research project.
- SL247 (36 Dell PCs [3.0GHz/1GB Memory/80GB disk] - Supports most N-Series courses. Open for general use.
- SL251 (37 Dell PCs [2.33GHz(Dual Core)/2GB Memory/250GB disk] - General purpose lab. Keycard access available.
- Learn more about department & campus computing services & policies.
IUPUI Computing Facilities
Advanced Visualization Laboratory: IT 4th floor
Available for use by qualified faculty, staff, and students. The AVL offers a variety of technologies, available for demonstration, testing, and routine use, on four campuses, including a Virtual Reality Theater and High-Resolution Display Wall.
UITS Student Technology Center: IT 131
- This 24-hour lab offers 81 workstations that include 48 Windows workstations; four multimedia computers with digital recording, editing, authoring, and scanning capabilities; 12 collaborative workstations; and 10 laptops. The entire lab includes study and break areas. Students use their Jagtag to print and gain access to the building after hours.
Additional Campus Computing Labs
- Computer & information science research centers enable faculty and their student teams to engage in ongoing interdisciplinary projects, funded in part by federal grants and foundation support.
Using technology to improve healthcareSyed Jaffery 2004 Alumnus