Center for Earth and Environmental Science
The IUPUI Center for Earth and Environmental Science (CEES) is an interdisciplinary academic center with a mission of providing environmental solutions to translate research into action, while promoting environmental stewardship through education and public service programs.
Applied environmental research is important in bringing solutions to critical problems and gives CEES its uniqueness. Research and outreach programs are focused in central Indiana with local, state, national, and international collaborations and implications.
Research initiatives cross traditional science boundaries and facilitate science-based decision making.
- Water Resource Evaluation and Watershed Management
- Stream and Wetland Assessment and Restoration
- Assessment of Environmental Constituents
- Environmental Data Management, Modeling, and Visualization
Environmental Science Education
Our public service programs immerse participants in experiential projects that address current environmental issues and improve natural areas in central Indiana. CEES provides service learning opportunities and partnerships with various city and state agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Stewardship Activities for Students, Corporate Volunteers, and the Community
- Environmental Data Clearinghouse
- Environmental Data Production and Dissemination