Science Ambassadors: Overview
Become an Ambassador for the School of Science at IUPUI!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Science JagDays: Sept 24 | Oct 11 | Nov 7 | Feb 17 | Mar 4 | Apr 21
Honors JagDays: Oct 8 | Oct 11
Fall Fest: Oct 10 | Nov 15
HS Group Visit: Nov 7
STEM FAIR @ the INDYVRC: Nov 17
Next Training Session:
November 23rd 9am-12pm
- Meet new people
- Contribute to the School’s growth through strategic recruitment efforts
- Develop personal leadership and communication skills
- Gain service experience for résumé
- Participate in a student panel discussion for prospective students
- Lead a tour of the School of Science facilities for prospective students
- Greet prospective students at recruitment events
- Make phone calls to prospective students
- Assemble promo folders and recruitment mailings
- Join a marketing or event committee
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT SKILLS?
- Completed at least 1 semester at the IUPUI campus (for panelists and tour guides)
- Must be in good standing with the university
- Proud of being part of the School of Science and interested in recruiting students
- Enthusiastic about sharing experiences with prospective students and their families
- Possess positive communication and teamwork skills
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual
- Must be flexible (opportunities often arise with little notice)
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people
- Passionate about assisting students, families, faculty and staff
- Represent the School of Science to the best of your ability
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF ME?
- Science Ambassadors must complete an application online: http://science.iupui.edu/volunteer
- Science Ambassadors should complete a training session as soon as possible.*
- Science Ambassadors should expect to serve 2-6 hours per month. Participation in multiple events is strongly encouraged.
- Ambassador candidates should plan on attending the School of Science portion of a spring recruitment event as soon as possible to become familiar with the format and key messages.
*Ambassador trainings will take place on an as-needed basis. Check back for training schedule.
Volunteer management is supported by