Science Ambassador Leadership Team: Overview
The Science Ambassador Leadership Team (SALT), a group of 6 - 9 students, will provide leadership to the Science Ambassador program and support the overall undergraduate recruitment efforts of the School of Science by:
- Representing the undergraduate student body and providing systematic and regular feedback on recruitment efforts
- Managing projects related to undergraduate recruitment as assigned by staff or that arise from team discussion and activity
- Recruiting new Science Ambassadors and assisting with volunteer management
Students are encouraged to volunteer as a Science Ambassador before applying to SALT.
- Opportunity to give back by assisting prospective students in their college selection process
- $750 scholarship per semester, renewable (fall, spring, summer) NOTE: In spring 2014, Science Ambassador Leadership Team members will be paid an hourly rate instead of a per-semester scholarship.
- Training and experience in professional leadership
- Improved connection to the School and IUPUI campus
- Opportunity to engage with faculty, staff, and other members of the campus community
- Enhance resume and IUPUI Top 100 applications
Duties & Responsibilities
Members of the leadership team must be able to commit to 24 to 30 hours per month (4 office hours per week, 2 two-hour full team meetings per month and an additional 4 hours per month working on projects independently). Failure to comply with this requirement may result in removal from the team. Each member is expected to lead a project or area committee.
An ideal SALT member is:
- Self-motivated and self-directed, able to manage work with little oversight
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to excercise good judgement
- Willing to interact with a diverse group of people
- Proud to be a student in the School of Science at IUPUI
- Passionate about science
- Applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled in the School of Science at IUPUI, undergraduate students preferred
- Must have completed two semesters at IUPUI
- Must have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Must be in good standing with the University
2013-14 Application Closed
Questions? Contact Natalie Mazanowski at (317) 274-0618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.