Science Ambassador Leadership Team: Overview
The Science Ambassador Leadership Team, a group of 6 students, will provide leadership to the Science Ambassador program and support the overall undergraduate recruitment efforts of the School of Science by:
- Representing the undergraduate student body and providing systematic and regular feedback on recruitment efforts
- Managing projects related to undergraduate recruitment as assigned by staff or that arise from team discussion and activity
- Recruiting new Science Ambassadors and assisting with volunteer management
Students are encouraged to volunteer as a Science Ambassador before applying to the Science Ambassador Leadership Team.
- Opportunity to give back by assisting prospective students in their college selection process
- $750 scholarship per semester, renewable (fall, spring, summer)
- Training and experience in professional leadership
- Improved connection to the School and IUPUI campus
- Opportunity to engage with faculty, staff, and other members of the campus community
- Enhance resume and IUPUI Top 100 applications
Duties & Responsibilities
Members of the leadership team must be able to commit to 24 hours per month (4 office hours per week, 2 two-hour full team meetings per month and an additional 4 hours per week working on projects independently). Failure to comply with this requirement may result in removal from the team and forfeiture of scholarship.
An executive committee comprised of a president and secretary will be selected by members of the leadership team at an initial organizational meeting. All other members will serve as co-chairs of one of three committees: Volunteer, Events and Outreach. In addition to committee work, leadership team members will be expected to complete other tasks as assigned.
Prior to applying, please review the Science Ambassador Leadership Team responsibility and committee overview.
- Applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled in the School of Science at IUPUI, undergraduate students preferred
- Must have completed two semesters at IUPUI
- Must have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Possess positive communication and teamwork skills
- Be creative and have personal initiative
- Be willing to interact with a diverse group of people
- Have a desire to assist students, families, faculty, and staff
2013-14 Application Closed
Questions? Contact Amelia Miller at (317) 274-4598 or email@example.com.