Science Ambassador Leadership Team: Overview
2014-2015 Application is closed.
|An ideal SALT member is:|
The Science Ambassador Leadership Team (SALT), a group of 6 - 9 students, will provide leadership to the Science Ambassador program and support the overall undergraduate recruitment efforts of the School of Science by:
- Representing the undergraduate student body and providing systematic and regular feedback on recruitment efforts
- Managing projects related to undergraduate recruitment as assigned by staff or that arise from team discussion and activity
- Recruiting new Science Ambassadors and assisting with volunteer management
Students are encouraged to volunteer as a Science Ambassador before applying to SALT.
- Opportunity to give back by assisting prospective students in their college selection process
- The Science Ambassador Leadership Team members are paid an hourly rate of $10/hour for SALT office hours and leadership duties*
- Training and experience in professional leadership
- Improved connection to the School and IUPUI campus
- Opportunity to engage with faculty, staff, and other members of the campus community\
- Enhance resume and IUPUI Top 100 applications
*SALT Members are encouraged to volunteer as Science Ambassadors for tours, panels and outreach events.
Duties & Responsibilities
Members of the leadership team must be able to commit to 24 to 30 hours per month* (4 office hours per week, 2 two-hour full team meetings per month and an additional 4 hours per month working on projects independently). Failure to comply with this requirement may result in removal from the team. Each member is expected to lead a project or area committee.
*SALT hours may be extended to 10 hours per week if the students schedule allows, upon approve by associate director of undergraduate recruitment.
- Applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled in the School of Science at IUPUI, undergraduate students preferred
- Must have completed two semesters at IUPUI
- Must have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Must be in good standing with the University
2014-2015 Application Closed
Questions? Contact Nicole Amonette at (317) 274-4598 or firstname.lastname@example.org