IUPUI is committed to offering an intentionally inclusive and accessible campus community, one which inspires educational, personal, social, and professional achievement.
This commitment has paid off. The number of minority freshmen at IUPUI has been steadily rising over the past six years and recently the campus hired an assistant chancellor for diversity, equity, and inclusion, to ensure continued improvement of the campus diversity climate.
Based on Fall 2011 enrollment, within the School of Science:
- 71% of undergraduate students are under the age of 25
- 56% of Science majors are female, 44% are male
- 20% of Science majors are minorities
- Our students represent 38 countries, 27 states, and 80 of the 92 Indiana counties
- Since 2007, the School has seen a 65% increase in international students
- 200 international students are currently pursuing degrees